Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

giving back...


I have found myself on a quest to give back. Right now I am only able to give in small ways but I'd like to think every little bit helps. Back in February I started donating care packages through a program I call MasonsFight4Life. I would love to some day become a non-profit but I have yet to figure out how to do that. I deliver the care packages every other month. They are usually themed to try to narrow down what will be included that month. The first one was snacks and things to keep you busy, 2nd was toiletries, 3rd was arts and crafts things etc. I bring everything to the Cardiac floor and allow the families to help themselves. In June 2011 I put together a Spa Day. Myself and 4 other friends volunteered our time to provide haircuts and manicure to anyone who wanted one (we are all licensed for the record). It was a HUGE hit! We plan on going back every 4 months. The big one I am working on right now is a Cut-A-Thon at the salon I work at. We will be offering haircut and mini spa services for a minimum donation of $20. We also are providing refreshments, entertainment and raffles. We are hoping to raise $5,000 but I have a feeling it will be more like $10,000. I have had an unbelievable amount of support from the community and even local newspapers and radio stations are talking about it. I know its going to be much bigger then we originally thought.

http://www.thereminder.com/features/page2feature/cutathontobenefitc/

http://www.belchertownsentinelonline.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment